22 January 2011

1976 - 1981: It's A Little Bit Me...









Through the past fondly...  
Humorous looks at myself (and my family) from a massive digital transfer of 1500-plus 35MM slides.

Thirty-odd carousels (and several unorganized bags) of slides were given to me by my grandfather back in 1998.  I brought them with me in sealed plastic tubs from my Brooklyn apartment to my condo storage room in New Jersey where they sat dormant and largely unused for over ten years.  Every so often, I would take a carousel out and project a few, knowing that with the right equipment and time, I would do something fun with with them for my family and friends some day.  

Now, after giving photo CDs and DVDs of these photo slides (spanning the years 1950 - 1983) to my family,  I've decided to share some carefully chosen images from the lot on Flickr (as well as here on ArtSkoolDamage) from time to time.  Since I'm more interested in 1950s and 1960s images, with the exception of this particular post, the resulting posts will all be images that pre-date my "arrival on the scene", so to speak.   That said, feel free to enjoy my 1976 Halloween mask, my blue denim vest and my (most likely JC Penney) horrendous beige First Holy Communion suit.  As you can see, I already weighed in with my own opinion on THAT fashion choice in the photo above.